My Lovely Friends

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Midweek Magnolia Midweek Reminder DT Creation - Winter Blues

Hello everyone how are you all? Things have been busy here, I've got my cupboards getting delivered today for my new craft room...........can only do bits at the mo with hubsters hand still in plaster.

Anyway I'm here today with the midweek reminder for the Midweek Magnolia Challenge & the theme this fortnight is..........
WINTER BLUES
...........which doesn't mean it has to be winter, we just want to see 'BLUE' as your prominent colour. I used this challenge to make my creation for the Live & Love Crafts challenge which is 'Perfume'.
WARNING PICTURE HEAVY
My favourite perfume comes in a blue box, so this was the inspiration for this...............

I made a box for the perfume & matching body lotion...............

Yep my favourite perfume is Dolce & Gabbana 'Light Blue'. The lotion is from a gift set hubster got me last year but the bottle is a new one that hubster got me this last christmas, its tradition loL, even if I still have some left :0) 
The inside of the box is decorated to compliment the top. I have used a 'Doily' & Tim Holtz 'Weathered Clock'. Doily was from Live & Love Crafts.

I have used uber gorgeous Maja Design 'Vintage Autumn Basics' 6x6 pad. I have inked all the edges with Pumice Stone distress ink & machine stitched all layers.

I have made a bow out of this gorgeous Silky Crush ribbon & added the beautiful 'Rhinestone Pendant' & a small bottle from my stash which I filled with German Glass glitter & tied some 'Pearl String' around the top.

The edging is all with my Martha Stewart Around The Page punch.


I have finally inked up one of my new Magnolia's, this one is 'Tilda Rose Scent' from the Lost & Found Collection 2014 at Bunny Zoes. She has been coloured with Copics, colours used are..........
E11, E21, E00, E000, R32 - Skin
E29, E27, E25, E23, E21 - Hair
B97, B95, B93, B91, C3, C1, C00 - Gown, Slippers & Bottle
W5, W3, W2, W1 - Ground

I have added WOC flowers & a rolled flower made with a MB die. Magnolia Doo-Hickey 'Swirl' die & Tim Holtz 'Weathered Clock' die. 'Metal Corner' & 'Love Heart Clip'. The Shabby Pearl Rose trim, lace & Cheesecloth are all from Live & Love Crafts

Well thats it from me, you have a week left to play along with our challenge & if you need any inspiration then pop on over to see the uber gorgeous creations my talented DT buddies have made.........they always inspire me!!!

Thank you for stopping by it means a lot.
Squishy hugs to all mmwah
xxxxxxxxxx

Challenges I'm Entering................
Ribbon Girl Challenge - Anything Goes
Time For Magnolia Challenge - Something In Her Hair


27 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the hug sweet lady...Love your card, so gorgeously elegant and that bow is stunning.xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I love the way you have captured the folds in her dress with your colouring, that's awesome. Absolutely fabulous box to keep your perfume in, very pretty on the dressing table. Great inspiration, thanks.
Lorraine

Suzi Mac said...

Oh my word!! this is so delish Vicky, what a fabulous gift creation, I love those rich blues and all the fabulous details. Stunning work sweetie. Hugs Suzi x

Sue said...

WOW! This is stunning Vicky. Such a gorgeous design. I love the cute image beautiful shades of blue and wonderful detailing too.
hugs Sue xx

Alexandra♥ said...

Fabulous box and stunning coloring!

Carla S. said...

Stunning project, Vicky! Fabulous coloring and super gorgeous details, as always!

Beth Brovold said...

LOVE LOVE this BEAUTIFUL card Vicky!!! And I love this challenge...I actually entered it yesterday! Enjoy your new craft room!! Take care!!!

Beth Brovold said...

OH FORGOT about the box...GORGEOUS!!!

La papera felice said...

I love your card!!!
Hugs
Angela

Lau W said...

Oh so pretty Tilda ! Your card is just beautiful !
xxx

heidy said...

Beautiful Creation Vicky !!!
XXXX Heidy

Chrissy said...

Fabulous gift box Vicky..gorgeous colouring on sweet Tilda and love the lush bow and pendant..beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Shazza said...

wow Vicky this is amazing, love everything!!!
x

Synnøve said...

Wow!!! This is the most beautiful creation I have seen ever!!!! Love the amazing coloring and all the sweet embellishments !!!!! hugs

cebelica said...

Mmmm, not only that this box is super gorgeous, it also "smells" good. I love this perfume too! It's wonderful, isn't it? I think that ANY woman would be jumping up and down from happiness if she received such a gorgeous box with such a great surprise inside. Fab work! Hugs! xx

Fabiola said...

wouah! trop bien! elle est superbe, que magnifique cadeau, j'adore! biz

Kat W said...

Well, what a stunning way to store your perfume and body lotion - it's the perfect stamp to use of course!
I love the gorgeous big bow against the softer blue of the DP and all the little blingy bits :-)
I don't know about anyone else but I like all the pics so I can drool over the details :-)
Big hugs, Kat xx

Carol S. said...

Gorgeous card and box. Love the papers used on the box and the ribbon is scrummy. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Denise Gutierrez said...

I love your blue theme! I really love this image I think I may need to buy it soon :)

Heather said...

A gorgeous creation Vicky, such a fabulous colours scheme and pretty papers. Tilda is beautifully coloured and stunning embellishments!!!

Thanks so much for joining LHOSM
hugs
Heather xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is beautiful sweetie, gorgeous shades of blue and the layout is awesome as usual.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love that Marianne Die, It has to be my favourite, and your sweet Tilda looks so pretty in blue, what a perfectly lovely box, beautifully done my friend, thanks so very much for joining us at LHOSM
Hugs Julie P

Sandra H said...

"WOW" Vicky this is lovely as always your cards are stunning filled with lots of lovely detail and gorgeous images coloured to perfection and embellishments x

Unknown said...

Hi there,
I know I said several weeks ago I'd be back but as alwas; so much to do, so little time... Anywho; thrilled to see you joining in with LLC:s perfume challenge!!! Seriously stunning project. Fantastic colouring and so beautifully decorated. I'm not fond of blue in clothing, home decor etc. but some time ago I decided that blue is my favourite colour for crafting projects. :-) This'll probably last until I see something gobsmacking in pink or lilac, LOL. Light Blue is one of my favourite perfumes as well; the other one is Laura, which also comes in a blue packaging... Have a great weekend!

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @ Live & Love Crafts

Teresa said...

A STUNNING creation Vicky, absolutely love it! xx

Sherrie Clark said...

I so admire you cards and especially your copic coloring skills. Are you willing to reveal the secret on how you retain the white for highlights? Do you keep the spaces white and do not add any color to those areas or do you go back after it is colored and add the white with a pencil? Would love to get your secret tip!! Blessings and hugs, Sherrie

Susie Sugar said...

Wow this is a show stopper !! Right up my street, absolutely beautiful
Hugs Susie xx